Effective immediately: Avenue 360’s protocols to keep patients and staff safe from COVID-19
March 17 2020
March 17, 2020 2:00 p.m./ Updated March 23, 2020
Avenue 360 Health and Wellness is taking extensive precautions to protect our patients and staff.
- We have identified isolation areas in our clinics for patients with symptoms of coronavirus. We are also utilizing outside spaces to screen and test for potential COVID-19 cases.
- We urge any community member who might be experiencing coronavirus symptoms (fever, coughing, shortness of breath) to call us ahead of your appointment. This enables our physicians and other medical staff to be ready to provide you safe, timely, quality care. Upon arrival, those needing a COVID-19 test will be asked to remain in their cars, call the appropriate clinic phone number (below), and medical personnel will meet you at your car.
- Avenue 360 is conducting COVID-19 testing at these two clinics in Houston:
The Heights — 2150 West 18th St. Suite 300 | phone: 713-426-0027
Southwest Houston — 14095 S. Main Street | phone: 832-830-8345
- Our health care workers are routinely washing their hands and sanitizing surfaces. Doctors and other relevant medical staff wear proper medical gear.
- We are monitoring and following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as Houston and Harris County public health authorities.
- Beginning Friday, March 20, dental appointments are postponed except for emergency dental needs.
- Substance use classes are postponed.
- Our pharmacies continue to fill prescriptions.
Like many health care providers, from hospitals to community health centers like Avenue 360, we are urging the federal government to provide funding to increase COVID-19 testing capabilities in Texas and across the country. As the news media has been reporting for weeks, testing remains limited, though that is expected to change this week.
We will continue to provide updates on this fluid, fast-changing situation. Avenue 360 protocols may change based on ongoing guidance from the CDC and local/state health authorities.
- Wash hands regularly for 20 seconds.
- Don’t go to work if you feel sick.
- Cover your cough.
- Stay 6-feet from another person.
- Stay home if you’re in a high-risk category, including age 60 or older or having a chronic illness.
The information contained in this Avenue 360 Web site is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment, and Avenue 360 recommends consultation with your Avenue 360 doctor or health care professional.