What to Expect
Welcome to Avenue 360 Health and Wellness! Thank you for selecting us to care for you and your family! To schedule an appointment, please call the number for the location you would like to visit, listed on the locations page. One of our staff will help set a time that works for your schedule.
On your first visit, please bring the below items to ensure a speedy and pleasant process.
Insured* (Private, Medicaid, Medicare, Special Health Plan, etc.)
- Picture ID (driver license, identification card, passport, or government issued ID)
- Proof of Insurance (card, letter)
- Guarantor information (responsible party)
- Insurance Plans We Accept: Aetna, Ambetter, Amerigroup, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Community Health Choice, Medicaid, Medicare, Texas Children’s Health Plan, United Healthcare and MANY MORE. Please contact your health plan’s administrator for more information.
*If you require help with copayment and/or costs of service, please bring the documents listed under the uninsured section to apply for financial assistance programs.
We may have resources to assist with the costs of your care. Patients must provide the following documents when presenting for care so that staff may determine which programs you qualify for:
- Picture ID (driver license, student/work identification card, passport, government issued ID, library card)
- Social Security card (if available)
- Proof of residence (lease, utility bill with name and address listed, or letter from case manager)
- Proof of income for 3 months (paycheck stubs, letter from employer on company letterhead, social security or food stamps award letter, or verification from homeless services)
- If unemployed (unemployment check stubs, worker’s compensation or letter of support)
ALL PATIENTS transferring from another doctor should have medical records, list of prescriptions, vaccination history, and recent labs for continuity of care.