Avenue 360 Health and Wellness, a 501 (c)3 organization, is a Federally Qualified Health Center with seven clinics in the Houston region providing primary, behavioral health, and dental care to medically underserved communities.
Previously, the organization was known as Houston Area Community Services (HACS), founded in 1998 to treat those living with AIDS. Several years ago, HACS merged with Bering Omega (Omega House), which provided hospice care to people living with HIV/AIDS, to form Avenue 360.
The mission of Avenue 360 is to provide high quality and caring services to promote healthy people and communities.
Community Vision Statement: Our vision is that every individual in our community has access to comprehensive health care services and a high-quality medical center to meet their healthcare needs.
Organization Vision Statement: Avenue 360 will be recognized as a premier organization with committed leadership and the strength of resources to deliver affordable, state-of-the-art healthcare and supportive services that improve the lives of all people and communities in the Greater Houston region.
Values Statement: At Avenue 360, we value a healthy community. Avenue 360 will:
- Provide outreach to individuals in our community to welcome them to seek health services at Avenue 360.
- Work with other organizations to remove barriers to healthcare.
- Gather input from our patients and others in the community to improve health services.
- Address identified health disparities in our community and develop strategies to reduce them.
- Seek additional resources to improve the health of individuals in our community.
As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), Avenue 360 receives HHS funding and Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals. Avenue 360 Health and Wellness is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).